1. Hanover is affiliated with the Suburban Swim League. Other teams include: Whitehall, Macungie, Northampton, Palmerton, Quakertown, Southern Lehigh, Northern Lehigh and Lower Macungie.
2. League membership requires each team to provide officials at home and away meets. Timers, stoke and turn judges, finish judges and scorekeepers are needed.
3. Dual meets are held on Monday and Thursday evenings. Warm-ups begin at 5:00 p.m., meet begins at 6:00 p.m.
4. All swimmers are responsible for finding their own rides to and from meets.
5. Each swimmer can participate in a maximum of 4 events, one of which must be a relay.
6. Each team is allowed three swimmers per event in dual meets. Exceptions- two swimmers per event at a 4 lane pool. There are exhibition heats that enable more swimmers to participate in the meet.
7. Swimming groups are: 8& under, 10& under, 12& under, 14 & under and 15 & up.
8. Each swimming age group has separate individual events for boys and girls in freestyle, butterfly, breaststroke and backstroke. There is also the Individual Medley for the 12 & under, 14& under and 15 and over age group. Medley relays are for the
10 & under, 12 & under, and 13 & up age groups. There is an 8 & under free relay. There is also the crescendo relay where one swimmer from each age group will swim the freestyle.
9. 8 & under, 10 & under and 12 & under age group will follow the one false start rule. 14 & under and 15 & up will follow the no false start rule.
10. A swimmer participating in Suburban Swim League from June 1 until the League championship meet, in any one summer session, may only represent a single Suburban Swim League Team. Swimmers may not represent a team from any other similar swim league (example- ABE league) during the same summer season the swimmer swims for a Suburban Swim League team.
11. A swimmer may participate in any invitational meet, if that person swims unattached for his or her Suburban Swim League team, or a recognized year round swim club.